The first question that usually comes to mind, especially from first time exercising moms is “Is exercising during pregnancy safe for I and my baby?” Research over the years has shown that in most cases, exercising during pregnancy is not only safe but beneficial for the mom and the baby. But first, it is important to check with your healthcare provider before starting an exercise program, especially for women who have a high-risk pregnancy or are at risk for premature labor. Here are some benefits of exercising during pregnancy.
1. Helps you sleep better
2. Regular exercise can give you more energy to make it through the day
3. Helps prevent excess body fat (obviously this is not the time for weight loss, but regular exercise helps you maintain your fitness level during pregnancy, making you less likely to gain excess weight)
4. Exercise helps to improve your mood and lowers your risk of depression
5. Keeps your core, pelvic and back muscles strong
6. By keeping you fit during pregnancy, regular exercise can also improve your ability to cope with labour
7. Improves your posture
8. Speeds up postnatal recovery and helps get you back in shape.
9. Helps ease constipation, which is common during pregnancy.
10. lower your risk of gestational diabetes
Leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions!