When planning for where the little one sleeps, whether in a shared room or in the baby's own room, it's important to understand that because the baby will be spending a lot of time there, the nursery should be the safest part of the home. To help you reduce some of the task involved in planning for the arrival of the baby, we've created a list of babies nursery essentials
Baby nursery essentials
1. Crib - according to the United States CPSC, When setting up a crib, there are a few things you should take into consideration.
Firstly, do not use a crib that is older than 10 years.
Ensure there are no gaps larger than two fingers between the sides of the crib and the mattress. In essence, use a firm, fitting mattress.
To prevent suffocation, always adopt the "bare is best" rule. Keep pillows, quilts, chushions & toys out of the baby's crib.
To prevent your baby from slipping through, the slates should not be more than 2 3/8 inches apart.
Avoid placing a crib near a window with blind, curtain cords or baby monitor cords; babies can strangle on cords.
2. Mosquito net - Because babies are also susceptible to malaria, it's important to protect them from mosquitoes with mosquito nets.
3. Bedding - Opt for fitted sheets & something colourful to compliment the nursery decoration.
4. Changing table - There are obviously going to be a lot of diaper change, so a changing table is going to come in very handy. When choosing a table, pick one that can fit perfectly into the crib, is functional, safe and comfortable for you while you change the nappies and for the baby.
5. Baby Monitor - This is especially important for parents who stay in a separate room from their baby to help keep them closer to their little munchkin, though the baby monitor can also serve for when you're in another part of the house for those who share. You could opt for the tradition audio device which serves well or for those who'd rather have one with a visual & audio feature can also indulge.
6. Rocking chair - Having a rocking chair in your baby's nursery comes with a number of advantages. The rocking motion helps in soothing the baby to sleep. It also serves as a comfortable spot for breast feeding.
7. Dresser - Either u get a standalone dresser or u get a changing table that sits on a dresser for dual purpose. A dresser is an important part of the changing unit as it helps to keep everything from baby clothes to nappies in one place. This aids a stress free & seamless baby clothe & nappy changes.